The Moving Bill of Rights
The Moving Bill of Rights Relocation.com will only refer you to qualified moving companies who subscribe to our "Moving Bill of Rights." At Relocation.com, we believe that:
- You have the right to work with a moving company that is properly licensed. Long Distance (interstate) moving companies must be licensed by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT); Local moving companies must be licensed by the appropriate state authority.
- You are entitled to feel confident that a mover has a satisfactory Better Business Bureau record and has demonstrated a consistent level of service quality to Relocation.com customers for a reasonable period of time.
- You will only be referred to moving companies which have the proper types and level of insurance coverage in place.
- You are entitled to a professional, thorough, in-home survey and evaluation by a trained moving consultant who will provide you with a "guaranteed or not to exceed estimate" for your move, if so requested, allowing you to feel comfortable with what the final cost of your move is going to be.
- Any potential "extras" and "overages" will be explained to you in advance and documented in writing by your moving company.
- You are entitled to have your household items delivered to your new residence within the delivery window promised by your moving company.
- Professional moving companies which are recommended by Relocation.com appreciate and understand your possessions are not just "things," but often include priceless family mementos & heirlooms and other special items requiring "TLC" treatment.
- You are entitled to personalized service that is tailored to your particular moving situation and personal needs. Whether you are moving alone, or with children and/or pets, all have specific requirements which must be considered.
- Your moving company welcomes your feedback regarding your moving experience, both positive and negative. If there were any issues that arose from your move, you are entitled to get a timely response from your moving company and have your concerns addressed within a reasonable time period.
- At Relocation.com, we fully appreciate and understand that moving can be stressful and sometimes even quite difficult. We are committed to providing consumers with the most helpful resources, information and moving tips to make your move less challenging.