Thursday, January 06, 2011 -
The challenges of moving are greatly increased when relocating with family and your challenges will be multiplied by the emotions and confusion of your children. Keeping everybody involved from day one is a great way to keep the family sane during the move. Here are some interesting ways to keep your family on the same page:
- Use progress reports to keep everyone informed on any plans or tasks related to the move. Make sure nobody feels left out and allow children to be involved in the decision-making.
- Take children with you house hunting and ask what they would like in a new home. If you are unable to take them with you, try taking pictures so that everyone feels like they have some say in the purchase.
- Attain information from the new city that you can share with the kids. This could be information on local parades, bookstores, or sport organizations.
- Take a family trip to the new location in order to become familiar with the surroundings.
- Show your children your new workplace so they feel more comfortable about moving.
These are just a few tips that will help you when relocating. Browse through the rest of our moving guide to learn more about moving with your family and how to make this difficult moving situation more manageable.