Sunday, February 13, 2011 -
By Relocation.com Staff
The benefits of home equity loans are:
- Home equity as a living asset. This allows consumers to use their biggest asset as a valuable financial tool.
- Debt Consolidation. This can help repair credit ratings as the money borrowed can be used to pay off a number of high rate credit card balances and improve cash flow.
- Rebuilds Credit Ratings. Home equity loans provide consumers with blemished credit histories, the opportunity to rectify their situations and receive the financial assistance they would otherwise be unable to attain.
- Tax Advantages. In most cases the interest paid on a home equity loan is tax deductible.
- Emergencies. A home equity loan can provide the much-needed cash in case of an illness, loss or other emergencies.
- Home Purchase. A home equity loan can be used to purchase a home in a situation when a prime lender will not provide a loan to an otherwise good customer.
- New Source of Capital. Finally, it opens access to credit markets for people who otherwise could not afford it.